In all things, we must attempt to do our best to consistently think by way of critical analytical objective logic, especially when it comes to the case for Faith. Thinking is like painting, we can all do it, but how well are we doing it, and how often?
It is very very easy for a human to be doing religion instead of faith.
– Religion: man-made ideas, practices and traditions.
– Faith: an individual personal intimate relationship with God that develops and grows through speaking and listening both ways.
In the beginning believers in Christ were called followers of the Way [John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me]. Also what can be lost in translation is that the grammar of “the way” is emphatic; as in “Thee Way” – the only Way!
In any instance, for the truth to be the fully true truth, is always true in all ways or it is not truly a full truth. Truth by its very definition is exclusive by unequivocal logic as to exclude what is not true. This is why we find that a Faith in the one and only Holy triune God: Father, Son and Spirit is set apart from ALL other worldviews.
But how?… What is about to follow is a little bit long but stick with me on it. Let’s look at the truth in the simplified foundations of world religions, and what they all below; have in common [not an exhaustive list as it would take too long].
1. Bible incorrect/ incomplete. Says they are the one true church/ religion despite contradiction.
2. Christ is not God, denies the eternal divinity and authority of Christ.
3. Angel of light comes as a messenger bringing a different gospel message to that decreed by God in the Holy Writ of the Bible.
4. Salvation is gained by works.
5. A governing body that hears from God directly with clearest and full truth by which to direct members. 6. Only they have special direct contact with God.
Jehovah’s witnesses – 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.
LDS – 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.
Islam – 1, 2, 3, 4.
Christadelphians – 1, 2, 3, 4.
Judaism – 1, 2, 4.
Buddhism – 1, 2, 4.
Hinduism – 1, 2, 4.
Sikhism – 1, 2, 4.
Jainism – 1, 2, 4.
Rastafarianism – 1, 2, 4.
Scientology – 1, 2, 4.
Baha’i – 1, 2, 4, 5.
Are we starting to see a pattern here?…….
It could be said that it looks very much like Lucifer and his fallen ilk have been visiting humanity throughout all our age, with nearly identical themed con stories that could lead us no closer to God than money could.
Doing religion instead of living faith is a very frivolous and dangerous situation to be caught up in.